Grape Fruit Juice Diet
Exercising and going to the gym wasn’t enough for people trying to lose weight, so they turned their attention to looking for quick weight loss diets. One of these diet plans is known as the Grapefruit Diet or the Grapefruit Juice Diet. This diet has been around since circa 1930 and has been spread by word of mouth, and even in books.
The grapefruit is a very nutritious, low-calorie citrus fruit loaded with vitamin C and Fiber. It is a fat burner because of its low glycemic index (a measure of how much a certain food raises your blood sugar level), high fiber and low calorie nature that reduce insulin levels and make the people who are using this diet feel full.
This diet has a strict set of rules that have to be followed for twelve days. If, however, the person wants to continue the diet process, he/she must wait for 2 days before starting the diet again.
1. At any meal, you may eat until you are full – until you can’t eat anymore.
2. Don’t eliminate anything from the diet, especially don’t skip the bacon at breakfast or omit salads. It is the combination of foods that burn fats.
3. The grapefruit is important because it acts as a catalyst that starts the burning process.
4. Cut down on caffeine – it affects the insulin balance that hinders the burning process. Try to limit 1 cup per meal at mealtimes.
5. Don’t eat between meals. If you eat the combination of food suggested, you would not feel hungry.
6. Note that the diet completely eliminates sugar and starch which are lipids and form fat. Fat doesn’t form fat; it helps burn it. You can fry food in butter and use butter generously on vegetables.
7. Do not eat desserts, bread, white vegetables or sweet potatoes. You may double or triple helpings of meat, salad or vegetables. Eat until you are stuffed. The more you eat of the proper combination of food, the more you lose.
It may seem that it is impossible to lose weight if you eat significant amounts of food but a study held by Dr. Ken Fujioka where 100 men and women used the Grapefruit Juice Diet concluded that if you strictly follow the instructions and the menu, you will lose 10 pounds or more. Below is the menu of the Grapefruit juice diet.
Breakfast: 2 eggs (any style), 2 strips of bacon, black coffee, 8 oz. of grapefruit juice.
Lunch: Salad with salad dressing (as much as you please), unlimited meat and 8 oz. of grapefruit juice.
Dinner: Red of Green Vegetables (except starchy ones) or salad, unlimited meat or fish and 8 oz. of grapefruit juice.
Bedtime Snack: 8 oz. skim milk.
*You can use all the butter and salad dressing you want. Foods may be prepared in any method. Grapefruit juice must be unsweetened. You must drink 64 oz. of water a day. No foods outside the menu unless approved of. Snack must come after dinner.